India-Kuwait Trade and Investment Opportunities
Trade Promotion Council of India, in collaboration with the Embassy of India in Kuwait organised a webinar on Trade and Investment Opportunities between India and Kuwait on July 29, 2021.
India’s relationship with Kuwait has always maintained a strong trade connection. In fact, India has been among Kuwait’s top 10 trade partners over the years. Besides trade, there is also a sizeable investment and presence of Indian PSUs as well as the private sector in Kuwait.
The webinar featured the following esteemed panelists, who discussed initiatives being taken by policy makers, trade and investment trends, particularly in F&B, automobiles, AYUSH, tourism and electric vehicles:
• H.E. Shri Sibi George, Ambassador of India to Kuwait.
• Smita Patil, First Secretary (Political & Commerce), Embassy of India in Kuwait
• Choji Lamba, Chairman – Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC), Kuwait
• Ashok Kalra, Advisor to the Indian Business Network (IBN), Kuwait
• Sohinder Gill, CEO – Global Business, Hero Eco and Director General, SMEV
• Suresh Makhijani, Joint Director General, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
The webinar was moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director, Trade Promotion Council of India.