Leveraging PLI scheme to push large-scale manufacturing
Trade Promotion Council of India organised an online panel discussion on “Leveraging PLI scheme to push large scale manufacturing in India” on June 17’ 2021.
The Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme was launched under the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative’ by the Indian government to boost domestic manufacturing in March 2020. Till April 2021, the scheme has been approved by the Cabinet for nine sectors including electronic or technology products, pharmaceuticals drugs, telecom & networking products, food Products, high-efficiency solar PV modules, etc.
The esteemed panelists shed light on the importance of the PLI scheme and discussed the growth outlook for the industries operating under the scheme.
Panelists for the webinar
• Sudhendu Jyoti Sinha, Adviser (Infrastructure Connectivity & Electric Mobility), Niti Aayog
• Ashish Kumar, Incharge Technical Regulations and Light Engineering Industry, Department of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT)
• Kuntal Sensarma, Economic Adviser, Ministry of Food Processing Industries
• Dr Rajan Sudesh Ratna, Economic Affairs Officer, United Nations ESCAP
• Mohammad Athar, Partner (Economic Development and Infrastructure), PwC
• Ashish Agarwal, Director, Bhikharam Chandmal Bhujiawala Pvt. Ltd.
• Kuldeep Sharma, Founder and Dairy expert , Suruchi Consultants
The webinar was moderated by Sameer Pushp, Director – Media & Corporate Communication.