Mapping the future of India’s electric mobility
India Business & Trade, an initiative led by the Trade Promotion Council of India, hosted a webinar titled “Mapping the future of India’s electric mobility” on September 26, 2023, at 3:00 P.M. IST. This insightful webinar delved into India’s advancements in the global electric vehicle sector, investigating the key drivers shaping India’s transition toward electric mobility and addressing the industry’s prevailing challenges.
The discussion revolved around government policies to support the industry including review of the FAME 2 and expectations from the FAME 3 policy and how import dependency for EV components affect the transition to sustainable mobility and what steps can be undertaken to address this.
Panelists for the session included:
• Prof Ashok Jhunjhunwala, President, IITM Research Park IITM Incubation Cell and RTBI
• Amitabh Saran, Founder and CEO at AltiGreen
• Prabhjot Kaur, Co-founder of Esmito Solutions Pvt Ltd
• Chaitanya Kanuri, Associate Director – Electric Mobility with the Sustainable Cities and Transport, WRI India
• Varun Chaturvedi, Founder and CEO of Volttic
The key takeaways from the webinar included:
• India’s progress in EV sector vis-à-vis the world
• Addressing import dependence in the sector
• Impact of government initiatives and policies on growth
• Industry expectations from FAME 3
• Future growth prospects and challenges