Trade & Investment Opportunities between India and Brazil
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar on Bilateral Trade & Investment Opportunities between India & Brazil on July 6 at 6:30 pm IST, 10 am Brazil time.
Brazil is a key trading partner for India in the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region. Indo-Brazil bilateral trade was recorded at around US$ 7 billion in 2020, and had set a pre-COVID target to raise the trade to US$ 15 billion by 2022. They have elevated their relationship to a Strategic Partnership in 2006, and have strong collaboration at plurilateral and multilateral forums including the BRICS, IBSA, G-20, UN and WTO.
Following were the esteemed panelists for the session:
• HE Shri Suresh Reddy, Ambassador of India to Brazil
• Mr Eduardo Uziel, Chargé d’Affairs, Minister-Counselor, Embassy of Brazil in India
• Mr Suresh Kr Makhijani, Joint Director General, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Leonardo Ananda Gomes, President, India Brazil Chamber of Commerce and Hon. Consul General of India in Rio de Janeiro
The esteemed panelists talked about the vision and potential for India-Brazil trade and investment, the barriers, key sectors for collaboration and also the planned expansion of the India-MERCOSUR PTA.
The session was moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communications, Trade Promotion Council of India and Editor, India Business & Trade.