Biofuel: Catalysing India’s Energy Transition
India Business & Trade, an initiative led by the Trade Promotion Council of India, hosted a webinar titled “Biofuels: Catalysing India’s Energy Transition” on October 9th, 2023 at 3:00 P.M. IST. This insightful webinar discussed the opportunities and difficulties facing the biofuel sector as well as how the formation of the “Global Biofuel Alliance” might help India realise its potential as a major producer of CBG, ethanol, biodiesel, and other biofuels.
The knowledge sharing session also involved deep discussion into the current landscape of biofuel industry in India, environmental and sustainability benefits of using different biofuels, prominent difficulties and impediments the industry is facing in terms of the availability of feedstock and government support and more.
Panelists for the session included:
- Prasanjit Mondal, Chemical Engineering, IIT Roorkee
- Anand Mathew, COO & Co-founder, Caliche private limited
- Shrey Saxena, Director, Growdiesel Ventures Limited
- Ashvin Patil, Founder-Director, Biofuel Junction Private Limited
Some of the key takeaway from the webinars were:
- Current production levels and consumption patterns of different biofuels in India
- Technological developments and research in generating efficient biofuels (ethanol blending and biodiesel)
- Challenges within the biofuel industry of India: R&D, adoption of clean fuels, production, raw material availability
- Possible impact of Global Biofuel Alliance to the biogas and biodiesel industry in India