Webinar on market entry strategies for exports
Trade Promotion Council of India commenced an International Marketing Series for the benefit of exporters. The first webinar in this series was held on 16th September, 2022 on Market Entry Strategies for Exports.
The Trade Promotion Council of India commenced an International Marketing Series for the benefit of exporters. This series intends to address some of the most common challenges faced by industry in global expansion, and share best practices for building a successful international brand.
The first webinar in this series was held was held on 16th September, 2022 on the topic Market Entry Strategies for Exports. For India to attain the vision of being a US$ 5 trillion economy, it needs to ensure at least US$ 1 trillion in exports. International marketing can play an integral role in augmenting the country’s exports. In this session, the panellists deliberated on the most suitable approaches for new market selection and successful penetration.
The webinar focused on the following themes:
- Markets that have an untapped export potential for India
- Gauging a firm’s export readiness
- Common market entry barriers
- Strategies for market diversification
The panel included:
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sharma, Professor- Marketing Area, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Prof Harsh V. Verma, Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University
- Mr. Debarshi Dey, Marketing Director, Mylab Discovery Solutions
- Ms. Priyanka Shah, Co-founder, Expora
During the course of this discussion, the panel touched upon important topics like branding & communication, the importance of meeting the export regulation criteria and a few case studies on successful market entry and learnings.
The session was moderated by Nikhaar Gogna, Deputy Editor, India Business & Trade.