Centre for Advanced Trade Research
The Centre for Advanced Trade Research is a well conceptualized institution of economists and researchers at Trade Promotion Council of India. The institution conducts in-depth primary and secondary research & analysis with the help of established global data sources to assess India’s strengths, opportunities and challenges.
These research insights act as critical inputs for policymakers as well as industry leaders on international trade policy, geopolitical developments, regulations, trade barriers, industry growth trends, products/markets of opportunity, potential areas of trade liberalization, consumer sentiment, disruptive role of technology, etc.
The Research Team at the Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) is a dynamic and multidisciplinary group dedicated to providing comprehensive and insightful research on various facets of international trade and commerce. Our team is composed of highly skilled professionals who are committed to enhancing India’s global trade relations and promoting the interests of Indian businesses on the international stage.
- Conduct in-depth research on global trade trends, market opportunities, and challenges.
- Provide policy recommendations to the government and industry stakeholders to improve India’s trade environment.
- Facilitate trade promotion by identifying and targeting potential export markets.
- Monitor and analyse trade policy developments and their impact on Indian businesses.
- Support sustainability in trade by advocating for environmentally responsible trade practices.
- Develop and maintain a database of trade-related information and statistics.
Our research team at TPCI is committed to delivering valuable insights and data-driven solutions that foster the growth of Indian businesses in the international market. We continually strive to strengthen India’s position in global trade and promote economic development through informed research and policy advocacy.
Activities of CATR
1) Data research & Analysis (Merchandise)
- Trade and investment
- Country/product-specific, product group-specific analysis and marketable IPs
- Analysis of FTAs, PTAs, Multilateral Trade Agreements, including emerging issues.
- Identifying new potential for trade – product/market.
- Develop policy recommendations and inputs for international business strategy.
2) Industry Consultations:
- Periodic review of policy and its impact
- Pre-budget proposals
- View on trade agreements, global economic environment, key challenges faced, and proposed solutions
- FDI/JV/Investment studies
3) Trade Remedies:
- Anti-dumping measures
- Safeguards against surge in imports
- Anti-subsidy investigations
- Trade defence on investigations against Indian exporters
4) Capacity Building:
Knowledge dissemination to stakeholders through articles, interactions and panel discussions on various aspects of business, including:
- Export Management topics such as export documentation, compliance, and international marketing.
- International Trade and Export Compliance
- Identify target markets, assess demand, and develop market entry strategies.
- Export financing options, payment methods, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management to ensure efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods.
- Various aspects of international business, including cultural awareness, negotiation skills, and building international partnerships.
- Online export strategies and platforms, including understanding e-commerce regulations.
- Legal, financial, and operational risks in exports.
- New opportunities for business expansion in the domestic/international market.