TPCI and IBPC organise discussion on Pharma Opportunities for India and UAE post-CEPA
Trade Promotion Council of India and Indian Business & Professional Council UAE, with the support of the Consulate General of India, UAE organised a hybrid panel discussion on Pharma Sector: Opportunities and Challenges for UAE & India under CEPA.
Trade Promotion Council of India and Indian Business & Professional Council UAE, with the support of the Consulate General of India, UAE organized a webinar on Pharma Sector: Opportunities and Challenges for UAE & India under CEPA on October 13, 2022.
On February 18, 2022, India signed the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) with the UAE. Under the CEPA, import duties on 90% of Indian imports would be immediately eliminated. The Agreement is expected to provide significant benefits to Indian businesses, including enhanced market access and reduced tariffs. The CEPA is expected to open up opportunities for Indian MSMEs in the pharmaceuticals sector, and provide increased job opportunities.
The discussion hosted a power-packed panel comprising industry leaders from both India and UAE to discuss industry strengths, growth trends and collaboration opportunities for trade and investment.
- Dr Aman Puri, Hon’ble Consul General of India, Dubai
- Suresh Kumar, Chairman, IBPC Dubai
- Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
- Dr. Mariam Galadari, Board Director, Member and Head of the Pharmacist Society, Emirates Medical Association
- Madhukar Tanna, Co founder and CEO, Pharmax Pharmaceuticals FZ LLC
- Sreekumar Brahmanandan, Investment Director, Dubai Investment Industries and Masharie LLC and Session moderator from the UAE side
- Marwan Abdulaziz Janahi, Chairman, Pharmaceutical Business Group, Dubai Chamber
- Dr M. Dhanasekaran, Director – Admin & Technical, Genuine Biosystem Pvt Ltd
- Taher Karampurwala, Director, MENA and APAC business, Cipla Ltd
- Abhijit Basak, Partner – Life Sciences, Strategy & Transactions at EY
- Dr Tulip Nuwal, Chief Commercial Officer, OmniBRx Biotechnologies Ltd
- Virat Bahri, Deputy Director, Trade Promotion Council of India and Session moderator from the Indian side.