Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on Trade and Investment Opportunities between India and Kuwait on July 29, 2021 at 3:00 pm.
India’s relationship with Kuwait has always maintained a strong trade connection. In fact, India has been among Kuwait’s top 10 trade partners over the years.
India-Kuwait bilateral trade figures in 2020 stood at US$ 6.98 billion, declining from US$ 10.5 billion in 2019. In 2020, out of US$ 7.1 billion bilateral trade figures, India’s exports to Kuwait were US$ 1.01 billion & imports from Kuwait were US$ 5.97 billion.
Top products exported to Kuwait include food items, cereals, textiles, garments, electrical and engineering equipment, ceramics, machinery and mechanical appliances, cars, trucks, buses, tyres, chemicals, jewellery, handicrafts, metal products, iron and steel. Imports are dominated by petroleum and crude oils, powered aircrafts, butanes, liquified propane, ethelyne glycol and styrene.
The discussion will focus on the current and emerging business opportunities that India and Kuwait can explore to boost their bilateral trade and investment.
Following is a detail of the esteemed participants in the webinar:
• H.E. Sibi George, Ambassador of India to Kuwait.
• Smita Patil, First Secretary (Political & Commerce)
• Choji Lamba, Chairman – Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC), Kuwait
• Ashok Kalra, Advisor to the Indian Business Network (IBN), Kuwait
• Sohinder Gill, CEO – Global Business, Hero Eco and Director General, SMEV
• Suresh Makhijani, Joint Director General , Trade Promotion Council of India
• Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
The webinar will be moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director, Trade Promotion Council of India.
To register for the session, click https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ado2oMehTIixUy7vi4_A-A
Thanks and Regards,
Media & Corporate Communications Division
Trade Promotion Council of India,
9, Scindia House, Connaught Circus,
New Delhi- 110001, India
T: (91) 11 40727272 | EXT: 243