Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on Horticulture Exports: Time to level up on July 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm. This webinar has been organised to discuss issues and challenges facing India’s horticulture exports, approach of stakeholders and proposed solutions.
Currently, India ranks second globally in fruit and vegetable production. However, despite being a top fruits and vegetables producer, India’s share in global horticulture exports amounts to just 1.7% in vegetables and 0.5% in fruits.
The session will evaluate the reasons for the sector’s sub-par export performance & how they can be resolved, the international brand image of Indian horticultural export products, focus segments for exports and markets where India can gain a competitive advantage.
Key takeaways from the session:
• Challenges faced by Indian horticulture players in the international market
• Policy interventions and their role in the industry’s growth
• Reasons for low value addition of horticulture products
• Criticality of branding and GIs in improving global footprint
• How industry and government can collaborate to ensure greater value realisation and global competitiveness.
The panellists for the session include:
• Sunil Pawar, MD, Maharashtra State Agricultural Marketing Board
• Vishal Mahajan, CEO, Jubilant Consumer Private Limited
• Prof Sukhpal Singh, Centre for Management in Agriculture, IIM Ahmedabad
• Azhar Tambuvala, Director, Sahyadri Farms
• Prof Sourav Bohra, Marketing, IIM Ahmedabad
To register for the session, click https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_c_Y261KnT1G6IpCEOYq-fw