Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on ‘India- UK Free Trade Agreement- linking markets with deepening of the ties’ at 3:00 PM on 30th July, 2021 (Friday).
The United Kingdom (UK) and India, as part of the Enhanced Trade Partnership, have agreed to negotiate a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between them. Over the past ten years, annual bilateral trade between India and the UK has been above US$ 10 billion, standing at US$ 12.48 billion in 2020.
Direct investment from the UK into India during April 2000-March 2021 stood at US$ 35.25 billion, making UK 6th largest investor in India,. On the other hand, India accounted for 0.6% of total FDI inflow into the UK in 2019, investing US$ 11.3 billion.
Considering the current scenarios of the India-UK relation, the webinar aims to shed light on the following:
Agendas to be discussed:
• The importance of the FTA between India-UK
• Evaluating the current economic relation and prior engagements
• What Brexit means for UK-EU trade and UK industry viz-a-viz India
• Trade complementarities and potential between both the countries
• Why tariff negotiations essential to consider while negating any trade deal with UK
• Shape of non- tariff barrier post negotiation and deal
• Strategies to realise potential in services trade
• Opportunities for Investment between India-UK
• Opportunities arising for the Indian SMEs and MSMEs sector
• Importance of digital and data sectors in the agreement
• Doubling of India- UK trade by 2030 – looking through needle eye
• Growth expectations post India- UK trade agreement
Confirmed panelists for the webinar:
• Ishtiyaque Ahmed, Adviser (Industry-I), NITI Aayog, GOI
• Himanshu Tewari, Partner (Trade & Customs), KPMG India
• Jayen Mahta, Senior General Manager (Planning & Marketing) at Amul (GCMMF)
• Arpita Mukherjee, Professor at Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations
• Rohit Singh, Director, UK India business council (UKIBC)
The webinar will be moderated by Sameer Pushp, Director, Media and Corporate Communication, Trade Promotion Council of India.
Register for the session using the following link:
For further details, please contact Sameer Pushp at email@example.com (contact no. +91 9811229110).