You are cordially invited to a webinar on India-UAE: Trade & investment opportunities in agri and food processing being organised by Trade Promotion Council of India in association with Consulate General of India (CGI) Dubai. The webinar is scheduled on August 29, 2021 at 10:30 am UAE Time, 12:00 Noon IST.
India and UAE have shared trade links that span across centuries, and continue \ to maintain strong bilateral trade relations. UAE was India’s third largest export destination in 2020-21, with exports from India at US$ 16.7 billion and imports at US$ 26.6 billion.
Exports from India to UAE are well diversified, including Petroleum Products, Precious Metals, Stones, Gems & Jewellery, Minerals, Food Items (Cereals, Sugar, Fruits & Vegetables, Tea, Meat, and Seafood), Textiles (Garments, Apparel, Synthetic fibre, Cotton, Yarn) and Engineering & Machinery Products and Chemicals.
UAE is also the 10th largest FDI investor in India, with investments amounting to US$ 13-14 billion. Its major investment focus has been in services (15.78%), sea transport (8.8%), power (8.34%), construction activities (infrastructure -7.15%) and construction development (townships, housing, built-up infrastructure and construction-development projects – 7.08%).
UAE has initiated attempts for a broader India-GCC dialogue on reviving talks for their bilateral Free Trade Agreement early this year. Early analysis has identified about 1,100 products, including washing machines, ACs, refrigerators, spices, tobacco, cotton fabrics, textiles and leather that can see higher exports through this deal.
The webinar on India-UAE: Trade and investment opportunities in agri and food processing aims to enlighten Indian stakeholders on the trade, investment and collaboration opportunities specifically in Food & Beverage (highlighting how India can also contribute to food security), Food Processing technology & Packaging Technology.
Following are the esteemed panellists who will be sharing their views during the webinar:
• Dr. Aman Puri, Consul General of India, Dubai
• Mr. Saleh Abdullah Lootah, Chairman, Food & Beverage Manufacturing Business Group, Dubai
• Mr Suresh Kumar, Chairman, IBPC Dubai
• Mr. Vivek Agarwal, MD, Capital Ventures Pvt. Ltd. and Chairman of Sectoral Committee on Food & Beverage, TPCI
• Mr. R. Senguttuvan, Former Chief Executive – Packaging & Printing Division, ITC Ltd & Managing Director – Wimco Ltd. & Chairman of Sectoral Committee on Food Processing & Packaging Technology, TPCI
• Mr. Sanjay Grover, Vice President – International Business Division, Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Ltd., and Vice Chairman of Sectoral Committee on Food Processing & Packaging Technology, TPCI
• Mr. Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
The session will be moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communications, Trade Promotion Council of India.
To register for the webinar, click
For any clarifications, please contact email@example.com