Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on the topic Bilateral Trade & Investment Opportunities between India & Lebanon at 12:30 pm IST (10.00 am Beirut time) on 4th June, 2021. The session will be conducted with prominent experts in the domain of international diplomacy, trade and industry leaders.
India and Lebanon have historically enjoyed cordial relations. The two nations are democracies with parliamentary system of government based on a written constitution. India and Lebanon are also close trade partners. While the pandemic hit the rest of the world, their bilateral trade in 2020 stood at US$ 197.102 million – India exported merchandise worth US$ 169.30 million to Lebanon while Lebanon exported goods amounting US$ 27.80 million to India.
India’s major exports to Lebanon include medicaments, frozen bovine meat, rice, organic chemicals, electric accumulators and plastic articles; while Lebanon’s exports to India include aluminium, copper, iron and zinc scraps and unwrought lead.
The two nations, still have a huge untapped trade potential. Thus, India can export pharmaceuticals, automobiles, ready to eat F&B products, worked gems and jewelleries, coffee, readymade garments, footwear, polymers of ethelyne, unglazed ceramic tiles/cubes and automobiles accessories for heavy vehicles like trucks/tractors.
Meanwhile, Lebanon can export articles of precious metals, waste and scraps of precious metals, chocolate and other food preparations containing cocoa, fresh fruits, unwrought gold, phosphoric acids, unwrought lead and olive oils. This session explores the further possibilities of mutual convergence and synergy.
- HE Dr. Suhel Ajaz Khan, Ambassador, Embassy of India – Beirut
- Rana Zeitouni,Commercial Attache, Embassy of India Beirut
- Ziad Koussa,Deputy Chief of Mission , Embassy of Lebanon
- Mr Bernard Tannouri,President, Association for the Development of Lebanese Indian Relations- ADLIR
- Mr Toufic Dabboussi,President, Chamber of Commerce , Industry & Agriculture of Tripoli & North Lebanon – CCIAT
- Rabih Sabra,Director General, Chamber of Commerce , Industry & Agriculture of Beirut & Mount Lebanon – CCIABML
- Jamal Jouni,Vice President, Chamber of Commerce , Industry & Agriculture Saida & South Lebanon – CCIAS
- Ali El Masri,Founder – CEO, World Arab Economic Lobby
For further details on the event, please contact Ashok Sethi at email@example.com