You are cordially invited to a webinar being organised by the Trade Promotion Council of India in collaboration with the Embassy of India in Bahrain, on Trade & Investment Opportunities between India & Bahrain, scheduled for September 29 at 4:30 pm IST, 2:00 pm Bahrain time.
India-Bahrain relations have been traditionally strong and cordial, on the bedrock of positive political, economic and cultural exchanges. They also have a high degree of convergence on global issues. Bahrain has over 1.2 million residents that also include around 350,000 Indians, which is a major factor fuelling mutual understanding and people-to-people exchanges.
Bahrain’s GDP at current prices was recorded at US$ 33.9 billion in 2020 according to the IMF. After a contraction of 5.4% in 2020, the economy is projected to grow by 3.3% this year. While the economy has traditionally been oil dependent, it is becoming more diversified over time, offering opportunities in financial services, technology sectors, manufacturing, logistics, tourism, real estate, healthcare and education. In fact, the economy prides itself in the fact that around 80% of its GDP came from non-oil activities in 2018.
The country has progressively liberalised its economy, thereby offering more opportunities for investment. The government offers 100% foreign ownership across most sectors, with no need for a local partner. Due to these advantages, FDI into Bahrain grew by 114% in 2017, to US$ 519 million, despite global FDI falling by 23% that year (according to Economic Development Board, Bahrain). Notably the economy has US$ 32 billion in infrastructure and real estate developments that are in advanced stages of progress.
The webinar will focus primarily on the bilateral trade and investment potential for Indian and Bahraini companies in engineering goods and F&B technology.
• H.E. Shri Piyush Srivastava, Ambassador of India to Bahrain
• HE Abdul Nabi Alshoála, Founding Chairman of Bahrain India Society
& Chairman of Al Fanar Investment
• CA P S Balasubramanyam, Vice Chairman – Bahrain India Society
& MD, Assure Group
• Ebrahim Mohamed Ali Zainal, Chairman of Trafco Group
• Fareed Bader, Chairman & Managing Director, Bader Group of Companies and Chairman of Industrial committee at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
• Sanjay Grover, VP – International Business Division, Kirloskar Pneumatic Company Limited and Vice Chairman, Sectoral Committee on Food Processing and Packaging Technology
• Deodutta Despandey, Strategic Business Unit Head – Thermax and Hon. Member, Sectoral Committee on Food Processing and Packaging Technology
• Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
Session will be moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communications, Trade Promotion Council of India.
To register for the session, click