You are cordially invited to join a webinar on “India-Australia Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (AI-CECA) – digging complementarity and synergy in trade”, organised by Trade Promotion Council of India on 28th September, 2021 (Tuesday) at 3:00 PM.
India and Australia negotiations on Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement are back into focus. By entering into trade agreement, India can gain access to best technology, innovation and R&D, enabling manufacturing of globally competitive goods and improve India’s share in global value chains.
Furthermore, Australian businesses can gain access to India’s vast consumer base, tapping opportunities in sectors including education, tourism, healthcare, financial services, infrastructure, agriculture, energy, resources and many more.
Total trade between India and Australia stood at US$ 10.7 billion in 2020. While India accounts for 2.9% share in Australia’s merchandise exports, India’s share in Australia’s total import is 1.7%. The esteemed panellists will deliberate and discuss on important aspects that should be focused on under the trade agreement and the implications for both the economies.
Agendas for discussion:
• The strategic and geopolitical relevance of India-Australia bilateral relations
• Complementarity target of India & Australia.
• Challenges in making this deal a success.
• Interoperability- Harmonise standards and remove barriers to trade and investment.
• Relationships: Invest in long term and workable relationships with the people and institutions that matter.
• Striking a knowledge partnership- Exploring synergies in technology, research, training and education sector.
• Solutions and recommendations to the government to fast-track the trade deal.
• Amb Anil Wadhwa, Ex Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs, IFS
• Manoj Pant, Vice Chancellor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
• Dr. Pralok Gupta, Policy Leader Fellow of the School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute, Florence and Associate Professor, Centre for WTO Studies, IIFT, New Delhi
• Surojit Gupta, Associate Editor, Times of India
• Anand Kumar Singh, Deputy Director General (Horticulture Science), Indian Council of Agricultural Research
• Ravneet Pawha, Deputy Vice President (Global) & CEO (South Asia), Deakin University
• Ravi Mirchandani, Chairperson Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce (IACC) Western India Chapter
Date: 28th Sep 2021 (Tuesday)
Mode: Webinar over Zoom
Time: 3:00 PM IST
Duration: 1 Hour- 1 Hour 20 mins (Tentative)
Request you to please register using the below given link at the earliest as seats are limited.
For further details on the event or any other clarification, please contact
Sameer Pushp (M-9811229110) at firstname.lastname@example.org.