Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on the topic Shipping crisis: A threat to trade recovery at 3:00 pm on June 25, 2021. The session is being conducted in view of the recent disruptions across shipping trade routes and the rising freight costs, which are hampering operations of exporters, particularly SMEs.
The panelists will talk about the genesis of the issue, how it is affecting trade across markets, the response from the shipping industry, the projections over the next six months, advice for exporters on managing the enhanced risk and overall lessons from this situation.
• Pushkar Mukewar, CEO and Co-founder, Drip Capital
• Praveen Vashishtha, Founder & CEO, Gxpress
• Dr Deepankar Sinha, Professor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
• Prashant Dwivedi, Managing Director Navbharat Shipping
• Rama Prakash HOLLA, Director-International Business, Distinct Productivity Solutions
• Naveen Gupta, Head of Prod. Planning & Logistics, India & China, Apollo International
Topics to be covered
• Genesis of the shipping crisis and how it has grown in severity
• Major unresolved issues behind the container shortages and rising freight costs
• Impact on trade, especially SMEs
• Expected trend over the coming 5-6 months
• How exporters should manage this situation and minimise their risk
• Lessons from the crisis from countries across the globe
For further details on the event, please contact Nikhaar Gogna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and Regards,
Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communication,
Trade Promotion Council of India,
9, Scindia House, Connaught Circus,
New Delhi- 110001, India
T: (91) 11 40727272, 96671-82697(mobile)
To register, click