Trade Promotion Council of India is organising a webinar on the topic SEZs: The key to boost India’s exports at 3:00 pm IST on Friday, 11th June, 2021. The session will be conducted with prominent experts in the domain of trade.
In February 2021, the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry pointed out that SEZs have shown resilience during global trade volatility and have achieved US$ 100 billion of exports in FY 2019-20. Thus, they continue to take the lead in expanding exports for India. However, critics argue that Indian SEZs haven’t exactly mirrored the success of those in China. Given the fact that the government is busy preparing for the next SEZ policy and is most likely to retain and redraft the SEZ policy (which was found to be inconsistent with the WTO) as well as the international interest in supply chain diversification in the light of the pandemic, we thought that this would make for an interesting topic for our viewers.
The panellists will talk about the performance of SEZs right from their evolution till this date, the major considerations for the government while drafting the new SEZ policy, experience of the gems and jewellery sector in SEZs, making the SEZs sync with government’s recent initiatives and enhancing incentives, manufacturing & exports.
1. Mr. ARM Reddy, Zonal Development Commissioner, Vishakhapatnam
2. Mr. Sunil Rallan, Chairman and Managing Director, Chennai Free Trade Zone
3. Mr. Neville Tata, Executive Director, Renaissance Jewellery Ltd
4. Mr. Suvankar Sen, Executive Director, Senco Gold Ltd.
5. Prof. Parthapratim Pal, IIM Calcutta
6. Mr. Harsh Hiroo Gursahani, Counsel, International Trade Laws and Food Laws, PLR Chambers
Topics to be covered
• Evolution and performance of SEZs in India
• Major considerations for the government while drafting the new SEZ policy
• Experience of the Indian gems & jewellery sector in SEZs
• Legalities associated with SEZ provisions at WTO
• Key lessons from global benchmarks
• Aligning SEZs with Atma Nirbhar Bharat and ODOP initiatives of the Government of India
• Enhancing incentives, manufacturing & exports through SEZ policy framework and implementation.
For further details on the event, please contact Nikhaar Gogna at +91-98189 95401 or write to email@example.com.
To register Click here