TPCI has recently participated during Iran Confair (Building & Construction Fair) during 8-10 August, 2015 with a business Delegation of 10 members from diversified sectors of Building & construction Industry.
The main objective of the delegation was to connect Indian Companies representing Building and Construction sector with their Iranian counterparts while enhancing bilateral trade ties between India-Iran.
Apart from Delegation B2B meetings, TPCI represented by Mr. Mohit Singla, Chairman of Governing Council and Official CEO and Mr. Rajesh Sharma, Sr. Director took active initiative to meet the key officials of Trade Promotion Organisation, Ministry of commerce & Industry & Mining of Iran.
TPCI representatives met the following officials of TPO, Iran during this visit.
Mir Aboutaleb Badri Ph. D.
Deputy of Marketing & Trade Relations
Mr. Mahmoud Bazari
Director General of Goods (Export Promotion)
Mr. Ahsan Ghamary
Director General Exhibitions and delegations
The following points were discussed during various meetings with TPO, Iran:
- Iranian side was keen to share the information that after the signing of EU 5+1 agreement, investments will enhance in Iran. 100% FDI in Non-SEZ & tax holiday in notified Iranian SEZ’s makes Iran a very attractive market for Investors.
- Iranian side highlighted the high duty on their saffron export to India which is suffering due to 0% import duty levied on Afghanistan as a result of LDC, FTA.
- Iranian side is seeking technology transfer in textile sector and also wanted machinery and yarn for their consumption. They are also welcoming investment and joint ventures in this sector.
- The Iranian side informed TPCI delegation about the increase demand in priority sectors such as Food & Agriculture, Textile, IT, Pharmaceuticals & Building & Construction products.
- Modalities were discussed in the connection with signing the MOU between TPO and TPCI. This will help in facilitating the trade delegations and taking part in exhibitions in India and Iran.
- This will open new avenues between two great friends India and Iran. This would surely be a great help for TPO to organise its activities in India. It will be mutually benefited for both the countries. Mr. Rohit Vadhwana, Second Secretary (Commerce) from Indian Embassy, Tehran, Iran was also attended the meeting with Mr. Badri and discussed the modalities of signing the MOU.e