Trade Promotion Council of India is organizing a webinar on Bilateral Trade & Investment Opportunities between India & Brazil on July 6 at 6:30 pm IST, 10 am Brazil time.
Brazil is a key trading partner for India in the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region. Indo-Brazil bilateral trade was recorded at around US$ 7 billion in 2020. They have elevated their relationship to a Strategic Partnership in 2006, and have strong collaboration at plurilateral and multilateral forums including the BRICS, IBSA, G-20, UN and WTO.
Both countries set a target of increasing their bilateral trade to US$ 15 billion. India has signed a preferential trade agreement with the MERCOSUR regional grouping that comprises Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay in 2004. Both sides have agreed to expand the PTA beyond the current list of 450 items to further unlock their bilateral trade potential.
The august panel for this session will talk about the vision and potential for India-Brazil relations, the potential for growth in bilateral trade and investment and the opportunities that businesses from both countries can explore in the coming years.
• HE Shri Suresh Reddy, Ambassador of India to Brazil
• Mr Eduardo Uziel, Chargé d’Affairs, Minister-Counselor, Embassy of Brazil in India
• Mr Suresh Kr Makhijani, Joint Director General, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Leonardo Ananda Gomes, President, India Brazil Chamber of Commerce and Hon. Consul General of India in Rio de Janeiro
Session will be moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communications, Trade Promotion Council of India.
To register for the session, click
Date: July 6, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm IST
Duration: 60-90 minutes (tentative)