Trade Promotion Council of India is organizing a webinar on the topic ‘Will DESH catalyse India’s integration with GVCs?’ on August 10 at 3:00 pm. The webinar is being organized in context of the Development of Enterprise and Service Hubs (DESH) Scheme draft that has been released by the government to replace SEZ Act 2005.
The Scheme aims to replace the SEZ Act 2005 and make the rules governing SEZs more WTO compliant, while also attracting greater foreign investment through creation of large industrial manufacturing zones with world class infrastructure.
Following is the detail of panelists deliberating on this topic:
- Alex Paul Menon IAS, Joint Development Commissioner, MEPZ Special Economic Zone
- Sunil Rallan, Chairman and Managing Director, J Matadee Free Trade Zone Pvt Ltd
- Sasikumar Gendham, MD, Salcomp Manufacturing India Private Ltd.
- Dr Arpita Mukherjee, Professor, ICRIER & Member, Committee for Advanced Trade Research, TPCI
The webinar will be moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director, Trade Promotion Council of India.
Focus areas to be covered under the webinar are:
- Key provisions in the DESH draft bill, and how it compares to SEZ 2005.
- Expectations on how DESH will boost trade and investment, and accelerate India’s integrate India into global value chains
- Incentives that manufacturing and services companies can expect from DESH
- How DESH zones will operate vis-à-vis conventional industrial zones in India
To register for the webinar, click https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MmnVKlCNQe6kVb291iHMQA
For further details, contact email@example.com