Webinar on Shipping crisis: A threat to trade recovery
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar on Shipping crisis: A threat to trade recovery on June 25, 2020. The webinar was conducted in light of the recent disruptions in shipping routes, alarming rise in freight costs and shortages of containers that were impacting exporters, particularly SMEs.
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar on the topic Shipping crisis: A threat to trade recovery on June 25, 2021. The session was organised in view of the recent double whammy of disruptions across shipping trade routes, rising freight costs and container shortages, which have been hampering operations of exporters, particularly SMEs.
The panelists for the session constituted experts from across trade finance, logistics, export community and academia:
• Pushkar Mukewar, CEO and Co-founder, Drip Capital
• Praveen Vashishtha, Founder & CEO, Gxpress
• Dr Deepankar Sinha, Professor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
• Prashant Dwivedi, Managing Director Navbharat Shipping
• Rama Prakash HOLLA, Director-International Business, Distinct Productivity Solutions
• Naveen Gupta, Head of Prod. Planning & Logistics, India & China, Apollo International
The panelists discussed the genesis of the issue, it’s impact on the shipping industry, unresolved issues that have brought us to this current situation and the impact on exporters. They also debated on the possible evolution of the crisis in the coming months, practical insights for exporters and possible lessons for policy makers from this experience.
The session was moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director and Nikhaar Gogna, Executive Officer, Trade Promotion Council of India.