Webinar on ‘India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement’
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar ‘India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement’ on 1st July’ 2021. The discussion focused on the growth in the India-Mauritius economic relations to unfold over the years and implications of agreement for both countries.
Focusing on the recently signed agreement on Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) between India and Mauritius on 22nd February 2021, the session shed light on the opportunities and implications arising for India. The agreement came into effect on 1st April’ 2021. During the session long term and short term implications for trade and industry were discussed at length which included trade, services and investment.
The esteemed panelists in the session discussed how and why its a challenging time, the future growth in the India-Mauritius economic relations unfold over the years and implications of agreement for both countries. The panelists also discussed the specificities of the trade agreement and the opportunities arising for Indian traders in the African Continent post the agreement.
Panelists for the webinar included:
• Dr. Srikar K. Reddy, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GOI
• H.E. Mrs. S B Hanoomanjee, High Commissioner of Mauritius to India
• Mr. Bipin Menon, Development Commissioner, Noida SEZ
• Dr. Pralok Gupta, Associate Professor-Services & Investment, Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
• Prof Ram Upendra Das, Head, Centre for Regional Trade, New Delhi
The webinar was moderated by Sameer Pushp, Director – Media & Corporate Communication.