Trade & Investment Opportunities between India and Brazil
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar on Trade & Investment Opportunities between India and Brazil on July 6, 2021 in collaboration with the India-Brazil Chamber of Commercel; and with the proactive support of the Embassy of India in Brazil and the Embassy of Brazil in New Delhi. The webinar discussed the opportunities, challenges and collaboration avenues that the two countries can explore to expand their trade and investment partnership.
Trade Promotion Council of India organised a webinar on Bilateral Trade & Investment Opportunities between India & Brazil on July 6 at 6:30 pm IST, 10 am Brazil time.
Brazil is a key trading partner for India in the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region. Indo-Brazil bilateral trade was recorded at around US$ 7 billion in 2020, and had set a pre-COVID target to raise the trade to US$ 15 billion by 2022. They have elevated their relationship to a Strategic Partnership in 2006, and have strong collaboration at plurilateral and multilateral forums including the BRICS, IBSA, G-20, UN and WTO.
Following were the esteemed panelists for the session:
• HE Shri Suresh Reddy, Ambassador of India to Brazil
• Mr Eduardo Uziel, Chargé d’Affairs, Minister-Counselor, Embassy of Brazil in India
• Mr Suresh Kr Makhijani, Joint Director General, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Ashok Sethi, Director, Trade Promotion Council of India
• Mr Leonardo Ananda Gomes, President, India Brazil Chamber of Commerce and Hon. Consul General of India in Rio de Janeiro
The esteemed panelists talked about the vision and potential for India-Brazil trade and investment, the barriers, key sectors for collaboration and also the planned expansion of the India-MERCOSUR PTA.
The session was moderated by Virat Bahri, Deputy Director-Media & Corporate Communications, Trade Promotion Council of India and Editor, India Business & Trade.