TPCI sets up Committee for Advanced Trade Research
Trade Promotion Council of India has set up a Committee for Advanced Trade Research, which comprises eminent experts and thought leaders across key expertise areas of business and trade. The first meeting of the Committee was held on Saturday, July 2, 2022.
Trade Promotion Council of India has set up a Committee for Advanced Trade Research, comprises eminent experts and thought leaders across critical expertise areas of business and trade. The advisory committee has been set up to mentor the research and thought leadership initiatives of the Council. In addition, it also aims to lead proactive cross-domain deliberations on trade and economic development matters from a current as well as futuristic perspective, delivering critical insights for policy and industry.
The first meeting of the Committee was held on Saturday, July 2, 2022. While addressing the Committee Members, Mr Vijay Gauba, Additional Director General, Trade Promotion Council of India commented, “It gives us great pleasure to host the first Meeting of the Committee for Advanced Trade Research, which comprises eminent and experienced luminaries from the policy and academic space. I am confident that the Committee Members will play a critical role in enabling TPCI to deliver much more impactful and outcome oriented research output and also effectively support the industry through enriching knowledge-based networking opportunities and strategic insights.”
Details of the Committee Members are as below:
● Prof Arpita Mukherjee, Professor, ICRIER
● Mr Atul Kaushik, Chief of Party, US-India Triangular Development Partnership
● Dr Badri Narayanan Gopalakrishnan, Lead Adviser & Head, Trade & Commerce, NITI Aayog
● Harsha Vardhana Singh, Chairman, Ikdhwaj Advisers LLP
● Dr K Rangarajan, Professor & Head, Centre for MSME Studies & Head, Kolkata Campus, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
● Prof Pralok Gupta, Associate Professor (Services & Investment), Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
● Dr Pritam Banerjee, Logistics Specialist and Consultant, Asian Development Bank
● Dr Rajendra Prasad Sharma, Professor- Marketing Area, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
● Mr Sumanta Chaudhuri, IAS Officer (Retd) & International Trade Expert
● Dr Sunitha Raju, Professor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
● Dr Vivek Suneja, Head & Dean and Professor (Ph.D.), North Campus, University of Delhi
During the first Committee Meeting, Members shared their perspectives on the emerging trends, opportunities and challenges facing Indian trade, and suggestions for future initiatives by TPCI.
Further, as a result of the nomination process for Committee Chairs, Mr Sumanta Chaudhuri has been elected Chairperson, and Mr Atul Kaushik has been elected Vice Chairperson of the Committee.
While speaking on the occasion, Mr Sumanta Chaudhuri shared, “Committee for Advanced Trade Research should help industry develop more robust and effective responses to the challenges and opportunities arising in the international economic arena. It should also assist in developing a deeper and sounder data base to aid more informed decision making.”
Mr Atul Kaushik, Vice Chairperson, commented, “TPCI’s Committee for Advanced Trade Research has been constituted at a time when India and the world straddle the twin challenges of declining globalisation on the one hand and increasing fragmentation of the global production processes on the other. It should fulfill the need for targeted research and policy advocacy to enable India to meet these challenges.”
For more details on the Committee Members, click https://bit.ly/3aibKw2