Certificate of Origin (C.O.)
TPCI issues Certificate of Origin to its members as wells as non-members which certify that the products meant for export are wholly obtained & produced or manufactured in India. This is a vital document required by every exporter to prove that goods exported by him from India is indeed of Indian origin. Certificate of Origin is one of the required documents for obtaining import customs clearance in most importing or buyer countries.
Documents Required for Issuing Certificate of Origin on a Regular Basis
- Permanent indemnity bond on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly signed by the Director/Partner/ Proprietor and notarized.
- Bond should be furnished with attested copies of PAN Card, IEC certificate, Company Profile & KYC for non-members.
- Copy of invoice stamped & signed by the exporter.
- Copy of Packing List stamped & signed by the exporter.
- A copy of the Power of Attorney in favour of authorized signatory in case of partnership or proprietor firms or a Board Resolution in case of a company. For exporters who are obtaining their Certificate of Origin on regular basis, this document shall be submitted once only along with the permanent Indemnity Bond as indicated above. For Non-Members the indemnity bond and power of attorney as stated above should be submitted for each certificate of origin application.
- In case of goods imported for re-exporting, relevant clearance certificate issued by the Customs Dept. to show that goods entered the country legally and all dues and taxes are paid.